Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Beauty in the Ordinary


I love beautiful things, from delicately painted china to  to meteor showers. It makes sense then that I would love photography. Exquisite imagery, unique perspectives, glorious light and shadows, anything exotic or ancient, or lands reaching far past the horizon inspire me and make me go, "Ahhhh."

But what can I photograph? I'm a stay-at-home-mom, I live in a small town and live a simple and sweet life. Scenes of mountaintops resting in high mists, dynamic raging waterfalls, or faraway and dreamy places would be awesome, amazing. But I don't have access to any of that at the present time. Speaking of time, I don't have much of that either. 

Then I thought,  what about the beauty in the mundane things around us, looking at things from a different perspective, taking a microscope (or macro lens in this case) to the ordinary and finding what is extraordinary about it.

Elliot Erwitt French photographer quote

So, I did just that, and you know what? I discovered that I absolutely LOVE it!

There are different categories for this type of photography--minimalist, abstract, monochrome, still life, conceptual, black and white, just to name a few.

If you love photography or are interested in dabbling, why not try something like this? It's different, out of the norm, abstract, lots of fun, and best of all, right next to you!

Next, I will write a post about how to get started with minimalist photography, so stay tuned.

Here's a small sampling of some of the minimalist and abstract photos I've taken recently. Let me know what you think. 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik